02 February 2011

Young Edwardian Clothing Label

Like the Gunne Sax line, California designer Sue Wong's Young Edwardian clothing line (for Arpeja-California)  transformed young ladies of the 1970's and '80s into 20th century Stunners.  Sue Wong went on to design for her own clothing line, and still finds inspiration in retro styles.  Last year Wong launched the “Sue Wong for Walt Disney Signature" line, inspired by Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland."
Vintage Young Edwardian pieces can easily be found on Etsy and eBay.

Brown velvet and cotton paisley dress

Velvet maxi dress

Cotton maxi dress
Jumper dress

9 comments:

  1. How did I not know about this line? I'm a big fan of Sue Wong's current things (some of her beaded silk pieces are very fae-inspired). Thanks for sharing and the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!
    love that first dress...
    the Disney website is impressive, and the work on that first image of the spring line is droolworthy! will have to investigate further, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought my first 'Young Edwardian' dress in 1967 ... it was pale chartreuse green lace, and it was wonderful. Wish I still owned it, although I do have a photo of myself in it when I wore it to a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a teenager in the 60s and loved the Young Edwardian Line. Today, I love Sue Wong's designs. And now to find out that she was the designer for Y.E !! How incredible! Please bring back those amazing designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be great, wouldn't it Linda? I would love to see some of those styles come back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MOST OF MY DRESSES WERE YOUNG EDWARDIAN. OH MY GOODNESS, THEY WERE SO WONDERFUL, SO GORGEOUS. THEY DO NOT HAVE GREAT CLOTHES LIKE THAT ANYMORE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had 3 Young Edwardian dresses back in the '70's. They were GORGEOUS and I wore them out. Beautiful fabric and handwork.

    ReplyDelete